Saturday, November 3, 2012

My Response to Liberals Accusing Evangelicals of Hypocrisy

 I have read a lot of blogs/articles accusing Evangelical Christians of being hypocrites for supporting a Mormon for president. 
Let me make it clear- Almost every election I've been allowed to vote in, the choice has been the lesser of two evils.  Unfortunately, our political system does not support a person of absolute integrity making it as far as the national elections.  Neither candidate holds up to perfect Christian ideals (we are not voting in Jesus after all). Nor have the candidates been "good" Christian's in the way my fellowship would define them. 
However, we can judge (judgment is a good thing in this case) based on the content of the charactor of the man in question and their pledge to hold to biblical values.
That is the criteria Evangelicals should use.  Research the candidates, hold them up to the bible standard for leaders, and above all pray for God's wisdom before you go to the polls.
That's my view. 

No comments:

Post a Comment